Chapter 51: I Will Never Escape

"Menial Tasks Diciple Jiang Yuebai, the Internal Affairs Hall has issued an order. Starting today, you are assigned to serve Elder Lin Xiangtian in the Alchemy Hall. Hurry up and depart!"



Outside the blue-bricked courtyard in Huaxi Valley, Jiang Yuebai stared blankly at the seal of the Law Enforcement Hall on the courtyard door. A flying sword carrying a message from the Internal Affairs Hall shot through the air, leaving behind a command.




As dawn approached, Jiang Yuebai's eyes were swollen. She bowed her head, looking at two things in her hands.




In her left hand, she held her Menial Tasks Diciple token.




In her right hand, she held the wooden puppet given by Mo Baichun.




After a while, her eyes determined, she clenched both hands and ran out madly.




At the rear courtyard of the Internal Affairs Hall, Jiang Yuebai piled all her storage bags in front of Hong Tao, leaving only one containing Tao Fengnian's body and his ever-present smoking pipe.




Jiang Yuebai kowtowed heavily, "Senior Hong, please help me!"




Hong Tao squatted down to help Jiang Yuebai up. He already knew about the situation, and despite having some authority in the Internal Affairs Hall, he was helpless at this moment.




"The only thing I can do for you now is to let you leave the Tianyan Sect without anyone noticing."




Jiang Yuebai looked up, "Can I come back after leaving?"




"Tao Fengnian almost poisoned Jia Xiuchun. She would love to take your life. Why would you come back?!"




Jiang Yuebai's eyes showed stubbornness, "I will never escape. I must personally avenge my grandfather. If not in one year, then in five years. If not in five years, then in ten years!"




Hong Tao clenched his fists, "If you want revenge, you need to stay alive!"




"If I run away this time, what about the next time? Do I have to run every time something happens? Should I spend my whole life running? Running is easy; the difficult part is overcoming the hurdle in my heart. Moreover, if I escape, I will be considered a traitor, and there will be no way to come back."




"Jia Xiuchun will never leave the Tianyan Sect in her lifetime. Do I have to wait for her forever? Grandpa said, although the road is long, you will reach the end, and though the task is difficult, it can be accomplished. I want to stay and make the evildoers pay the price!"




"You! Why are you so stubborn!"




Jiang Yuebai lowered her gaze and said calmly, "I'm not stubborn. I know what I'm doing. I want revenge, but not at the cost of my entire life!"




Hong Tao stood up, pacing anxiously in the room. After a while, he turned his back to Jiang Yuebai and sighed, "There is another way, but it depends on whether you can endure the hardship."




Jiang Yuebai stared at Hong Tao, and he turned around.




"At the Yinshan Mine, there are cultivators who have made mistakes in the sect, as well as Qi-refining cultivators recruited from outside. There is a Nascent Soul cultivator guarding them, and restrictions are imposed on the Qi-refining cultivators. They mine a fixed quota daily. Once the quota is met, the restrictions are lifted, and they can return to the sect. If the quota is not met, the time is extended."




"Yinshan is a bitterly cold place, adjacent to the desolate ancient Thunder Marsh. Thunderstorms and gloomy winds persist year-round. If you can endure this hardship, I can arrange for your voluntary assignment to the Yinshan Mine before Jia Xiuchun's assignment. You'll be sent there immediately."




"Once you're in Yinshan, she won't be able to do much to you temporarily. However, there is a possibility she might hire someone to chase you down, but she can only influence the Qi-refining cultivators there. If you have real ability, you can bide your time there, and when your strength is sufficient, return to obtain the Spirit Tiller's token, equivalent to having a life-saving talisman."




"Good!"




Jiang Yuebai didn't hesitate at all. As long as she could come back, openly and honorably, she was not afraid of anything.




"Don't blame me for not warning you. The veins in the Yinshan Mine are no longer rich, and the Qi-refining disciples there are fierce, fighting openly and secretly. Unlike the sect, there's no Law Enforcement Hall oversight. It's full of ruthless and hopeless cultivators. The Nascent Soul cultivator in charge doesn't intervene much."




Jiang Yuebai frowned, clenched her fists, and said, "Thank you, Senior Hong, for the reminder."




Seeing Jiang Yuebai's determination, Hong Tao sighed heavily, his eyes filled with heartache. He couldn't help but curse Tao Fengnian a couple of times in his heart.




"You keep these things yourself. Wait for me a moment. I will personally take you there."




Hong Tao left in a huff, leaving Jiang Yuebai to silently pack everything away.

In less than a quarter of an hour, Hong Tao finished the paperwork, tossed a black cloak to Jiang Yuebai, and secretly left the Tianyan Sect, avoiding the eyes of the spies.




On a small path outside the mountain gate:




"Jiang Yuebai!"




Xie Jingshan arrived on a crane, and Jiang Yuebai stopped in her tracks, pulling down the hood to cover her face.




"Come back with me. I will ensure your safety."




Jiang Yuebai took a step back, avoiding Xie Jingshan's grasp.




Hong Tao looked around, "Speak quickly; I'll wait over there for you."




"How did you know I was leaving?" Jiang Yuebai asked.




Xie Jingshan replied, "Lu Ying told me about Tao Fengnian's incident. You might be planning to leave."




Jiang Yuebai's heart trembled, "Is she... okay?"




"She suffered some injuries from forcibly entering the inner door boundary, but it's not serious."




Jiang Yuebai nodded, "Thank her for me. I want to return this longevity pill to you."




"If it's yours, why return it to me? If you really leave the sect, when Lu Nanzhi comes back and finds out I didn't protect you, she'll definitely skin me alive."




Jiang Yuebai had a calm expression, pulled away from Xie Jingshan's hand, and handed him the medicine bottle.




"I'm not running away; I'm just going to hide temporarily at the Yinshan Mine. I will be back within three to five years. It's good that you're here. How many spirit stones do you have? Lend me some."




Xie Jingshan furrowed his brows, staring at Jiang Yuebai for a long time. In her eyes, he couldn't see any emotions, as if the lively and charming Jiang Yuebai from before no longer existed. Everything seemed restrained, making Xie Jingshan feel both strange and distressed.




Sighing, Xie Jingshan took out the emerald ring given to him by his old servant, removed the red string from his neck, threaded it through, and placed all the spirit stones into it.




"I only have these thirty thousand low-grade spirit stones. There are also some books and jade slips in the ring. I'm lending them all to you. Remember, it's a loan. If you don't come back within five years, I will issue a universal tracking order. Whether in the highest heaven or the deepest abyss, I will bring you back to work in my family's shop for a lifetime!"




A misty haze covered Jiang Yuebai's eyes, and a faint smile appeared on her lips. "Okay."




Xie Jingshan took a step forward, putting the red string on Jiang Yuebai. His nose felt sour, and his eyes reddened.




"Take care of yourself!"




Jiang Yuebai tightly grasped the emerald ring on the red string. "Also, please tell Senior Sister Lu for me, keep the tea, and wait for me to come back. We'll drink it together."




After speaking, Jiang Yuebai turned around and stepped onto Hong Tao's flying sword, leaving without looking back.




Xie Jingshan took two steps out, shouting to the sky, "You must come back! Otherwise, I'll surpass you, you little brat!"




In the deep valley and silent forest, the echoes lingered.




The wind was strong in the high sky, blurring the eyes.




Taking a deep breath to calm her emotions, Jiang Yuebai said, "Senior Hong, can you take me to the South Valley market first? I want to buy some things."




Hong Tao nodded, changed direction, and headed straight for the South Valley.




Jiang Yuebai converted most of the thirty thousand spirit stones into various items, stuffing the emerald ring full. The ring was wrapped in spiritual paper to conceal its aura and hidden in the insole of her shoe. She kept only two storage bags on her.




Passing by the Xiancao Tower, Jiang Yuebai hesitated.




In the main hall, Du Zhong, with white hair, held a white jade teapot, sipping tea, scolding a young apprentice. The leisurely and comfortable scene stung Jiang Yuebai's eyes.




"Your shopping made quite a commotion. Change your clothes and follow me."




Hong Tao urged, and Jiang Yuebai retracted her gaze, following him.




Experienced and savvy, Hong Tao spent some effort getting rid of pursuers. He didn't complain to Jiang Yuebai and continued to remind her of the things she needed to pay attention to at the Yinshan Mine. He also shared his experience in combat with her.




Heading west, Jiang Yuebai looked back at the Nine Heavens Mountain Range.




The rising sun sprayed its brilliance, illuminating the clouds in all directions. A vast sea of clouds covered the mountains, and the path to the Azure Sky Road was no longer visible.




In her heart, Jiang Yuebai made a silent oath: Today, I go far toward the sunrise; someday, I will return with the sunrise!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Chapter 20: The Bus Door Opens

Chapter 1: You Can't Blame Her

Chapter 1 - The Battle for Immortal Dao