Chapter 35: Facing the Wall to Understand the Southern Branch (Part 2)

 As she pondered, Lu Nanzhi suddenly sat down next to Jiang Yuebai and handed her book to her.


"Can I ask you a question, Junior Sister? What does this sentence mean?"


Jiang Yuebai was momentarily stunned. Lu Nanzhi was the cream of the crop in their generation, excelling in both talent and comprehension.


Why would she seek her advice? Moreover, they had just fought. How could she be so calm and unbiased? "Did I say something wrong?" Lu Nanzhi looked puzzled.


Thinking about what Lü Ying had said that day, Jiang Yuebai bit her lip and asked, "Lu Nanzhi, don't you look down on me? I'm just a miscellaneous disciple, while you're an inner sect genius."


"I can be in the inner sect because I was born with a gifted spiritual body, not because of my personal abilities. So, I don't feel superior. If we swapped bodies, I'm afraid you'd achieve even greater heights than me


."


"Are you trying to praise me?" Jiang Yuebai squinted her eyes, cautious like a little fox.


"This is the truth. Otherwise, why would Elder Li ask me to consult you about the Water-Born Ice?"


Jiang Yuebai was moved deep inside. Did she really think this way?


"Elder Li cares about you, I understand. He's worried that I would be arrogant due to my spiritual body and underestimate others, so he wants me to realize that there are always people better than me. And he's concerned that you might belittle yourself due to your aptitude, so he tasked me with putting your mind at ease. Perhaps today's punishment is intentional as well. Elder Li truly values you."


"How could you be so... perceptive?"


Jiang Yuebai was surprised. Compared to Lu Nanzhi, she realized she understood very little about human nature.


Lu Nanzhi's eyes glimmered faintly, "Among disciples from prominent cultivation families, there are many who are perceptive. There's no secret to it; only life and death will make you understand."


Jiang Yuebai had previously thought that Lu Nanzhi was aloof, but now she understood that it was just her young age that allowed her to see through people and the world.


She was too lazy to waste expressions and emotions on things that had no meaning to her.


"Senior Sister Lu, I apologize for my behavior earlier."


Jiang Yuebai sincerely apologized. At that time, she had indeed intentionally given Lu Nanzhi a hard time due to her bad mood, using harsh words.


"It's also my fault for being impatient. I'm sorry for attacking you."


"But, Senior Sister Lu, from what I've observed, you're not someone who's easily provoked. Why were you so eager to comprehend the Water-Born Ice technique?"


Lu Nanzhi glanced at Xie Jingshan, who was asleep while reading, and began to speak in a low voice, as if calculating her words.


"I was born with a Water Spiritual Body, an excellent Cauldron and Furnace aptitude. My mother was incredibly gifted throughout her life, but in the end, she was deceived into becoming a stepping stone for my father's Foundation Establishment. In the end, her spiritual body was destroyed, and she could only give birth to children with excellent spiritual root aptitudes, one after another, as my father's constant stream of concubines competed to bear his children."


"Combining a Water Spiritual Body with a Single Spiritual Root results in a high likelihood of giving birth to a Single Spiritual Root or even another Spiritual Body. I have three elder brothers and two elder sisters. Except for my second sister who has a Double Spiritual Root, my fourth brother and third sister have Single Spiritual Roots."


"Unfortunately, I inherited the Water Spiritual Body from my mother. I was betrothed since birth, and I'm supposed to marry once I reach the Core Formation stage to strengthen the ties between families, ensuring their prosperity. However, I refuse to follow in my mother's footsteps. Therefore, I want to cultivate the path of killing and conquest, to defy fate and change my destiny!"


Jiang Yuebai's pupils trembled. She realized that everyone had their own sorrows and hardships, and there were more people than just her fighting against their fates. Everyone was rebelling and striving to break free from the shackles of destiny.


Jiang Yuebai smiled openly, shifted her body closer to Lu Nanzhi, and took the book from her hand, placing it aside.


"Actually, I stumbled upon the Water-Born Ice technique accidentally. I'm not sure how to apply it yet. I can only share what I know with you. First, observe how I use the Grass and Wood technique..."


Amidst the overgrown weeds, Xie Jingshan used his book as a cover, snoring loudly.


On the other side, the two figures leaned in close. One's fingertips were surrounded by green light, dancing endlessly, while the other's brows were knitted in concentration, fully focused.


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Chapter 20: The Bus Door Opens

Chapter 1: You Can't Blame Her

Chapter 1 - The Battle for Immortal Dao