Chapter 47: Wild Geese Delivering Letters (Part 1)

Chapter 47: Wild Geese Delivering Letters


TL Note: "Wild Geese Delivering Letters" : This phrase is often used metaphorically to describe the communication or transmission of messages over a long distance, drawing inspiration from the image of wild geese flying in formation.


[To Jiang Yuebai, My Beloved Jade-like sister:


I hope seeing this letters is like meeting in person, and my letter brings a smile to your face.


Concerning the matter of the Longevity Pill, there's no need to worry. I've entrusted it to the elders in our clan, and we should receive a response shortly.


Thinking about the hardships of cultivation, let me share an amusing incident.


Xie Jingshan of the Xie Clan had his destiny calculated by a senior elder. A red birthmark on his palm turned out to be a mark from a past life. Jingshan, feeling proud, spread the word that he is a reincarnated ancient sword immortal. This attracted the attention of the True Lord Canghuo, who intended to take him as his disciple.


The True Lord Canghuo's disciple, Yu Shi Qiuchi, acting on his master's orders, ascended the Heavenly Sword Peak alone. Carrying thirty-six treasures in his treasure chest, he challenged seven Foundation-Building sword disciples, displaying unmatched grace and skill.


Jingshan was shocked, bound and taken away, and it has been five days without his return.


The Sword Sovereign Guanghan, displeased, ordered his senior disciple to ascend the Tianxiong Peak. However, before departure, the Sect Master became furious.


The Sect Master commanded the Fuyi Zhenjun to imprison both senior lords within a formation, preventing them from collaborating and leaving.


My words are clumsy, and it's hard to express my thoughts. We should meet when we can and talk throughout the night.


In this chilly spring, take care of yourself and cherish your well-being. Also, I extend my wishes for your safety and eagerly anticipate our reunion.


Respectfully,

Lu Nanzhi ]


[To My Dearest Senior Sister Lu Nanzhi


I've received your letter and read it several times with great joy.


Xie Jingshan having a single fire spiritual root is suitable for apprenticeship under the True Lord Canghuo. However, I'm puzzled as to why the Sword Sovereign Guanghan, who has both gold and ice dual spiritual roots, would accept a disciple with a fire spiritual root.


Unfortunately, the True Lord Canghuo cultivates flame arts, not swordsmanship, so Jingshan is unlikely to become his disciple.


I've met Yu Shi Qiuchi, who is now Jingshan's senior. He is indeed an impressive figure, and I admire him for fighting alongside the ancient Ancient Springs True Immortal against the Drought Demon.


His solo battle against seven sword cultivators must have been a spectacular event. It's a pity I couldn't witness it in person.


Thinking about all this, I feel even more motivated to work hard and strive to pass the Spirit Farming Apprentice Exam as soon as possible to join you in the Inner Sect.


Please don't mind my ramblings; it's just that I have no other way to express my inner turmoil. I've only recently learned that Grandfather's method of extending his life involves using gu worms. He endures the intense pain of being burned from within every noon and has to extract blood to nourish the flowers.


It's hard for me to bear this in my heart, and I can't share the burden with Grandfather, so I can only practice tirelessly day and night, aiming to pass the exam as a Spirit Farmer.


I used to wander around, witnessing countless cycles of life and death. I thought that by entering the immortal sect, I could escape the pain of losing loved ones.


But fate had other plans.


In these past few days, I've harbored complaints in my heart, feeling that the heavens are unfair. The wicked live long lives while the virtuous meet untimely ends.


I've rambled on too much; I hope you don't mind.


Looking forward to your reply.


With respect,

Jiang Yuebai ]


[To my dear sister, Yuebai:


The east wind thaws, and the beautiful day is pleasant.


Regarding matters of cultivation, do not force things. Relax and progress at a steady pace to achieve speedy improvement.


If your heart is burdened, feel free to share with me. I regret the busy schedule preventing me from accompanying my dear sister. Take good care of yourself.


I have joyful news to share and express gratitude to you.


On the day we faced the Ghostly Lantern together, you used the Grass and Wood Technique to assist in creating an ice barrier. Inspired by this, after several days of contemplation and practice, I've finally learned the technique of transforming water into ice.


Recalling your mention of not knowing how to use ice to manipulate spiritual energy, I've gained some insights. I hope you don't mind my sharing.


...


Hastily written, hoping for your guidance.


Respectfully,

Lu Nanzhi ]

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Chapter 20: The Bus Door Opens

Chapter 1: You Can't Blame Her

Chapter 1 - The Battle for Immortal Dao